in Land Recording Offices Under Revised Article 9
- File UCC financing statements in land recording offices where the collateral is located only for fixtures, timber to be cut, and as-extracted collateral.
- Only use the national standard forms and addendum’s.
- Include legal description of property, property address – and property identification number if required – on the national standard financing statement addendum.
- If the debtor is not the property owner, enter the record owner name(s) on the national standard financing statement addendum.
- Check the proper boxes in items 6 and 13 on the national standard financing statement and addendum.
- On all amendments – defined to include any changes, continuations or termination’s – check box 1b, and repeat the type of collateral (fixture, etc.) and the legal description from the initial financing statement, if required by the recording office.
- On all amendments, enter the recording number (book and page, etc.) and date of the initial financing statement, and repeat all debtor, secured party and record owner name(s).
- Include the proper fee for recording and indexing the filing as if it were a mortgage.
- Recording offices may require one or two acknowledgement copies in addition to the original forms and attachments.
- Always include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Dedicated to Eliminating Document Rejects
Courtesy of Ernst Publishing Co. LLC, PO Box 338, Ravena, NY 12143-0338, Phone: 800.345.3822 / Web: www.ernst.cc