Veteran Services

The Belmont County Recorder’s Office encourages veterans to have their military discharge papers (DD-214) recorded in our office as soon as you separate from military service.

Military Discharges have restricted public access. ORC § 317.24 allows only an authorized party to request copies of military discharges. Proper identification must be given to view and receive copies.

There is never a fee in this office to the veteran for recording a military discharge or obtaining certified copies.

The Recorder’s Office will only have a copy of a veteran’s DD-214 if he or she recorded the document in our office. If you have lost your discharge papers or never had them recorded, the Belmont County Veterans Service Office can help you obtain a copy.

Belmont County Veterans Service Office
400 Imperial Plaza
Bellaire, OH 43906

Phone: 740-325-1042